Ministry of labour of Cyprus released a law, allowing students who are nationals of third countries to work now in Cyprus.
The law outlines the types of occupations for the third countries students:
· Hotel business (kitchen assistants, cleaners, maids, waiters, reception staff, bartenders);
· Restaurants and entertainment establishments (kitchen assistants, cleaners, waiters, bar staff);
· Other activities (building cleaners, sewer workers, distributors of advertising booklets).
The main documents necessary for those wishing to work:
· a valid residence permit
· an employment contract, signed by the two parties
· a time-table of studies – which should not coincide with the working hours.
Students should first get a student permit from the Immigration Authorities. They should then sign a contract of employment, with an employer, and submit it to a District Employment Office for approval. The Employment Office will check the main conditions and if satisfied will approve the contract.