Ministry of labour of Cyprus released a law, allowing students who are nationals of third countries to work now in Cyprus.
The law outlines the types of occupations for the third countries students:
· Hotel business (kitchen assistants, cleaners, maids, waiters, reception staff, bartenders);
· Restaurants and entertainment establishments (kitchen assistants, cleaners, waiters, bar staff);
· Other activities (building cleaners, sewer workers, distributors of advertising booklets).
The main documents necessary for those wishing to work:
· a valid residence permit
· an employment contract, signed by the two parties
· a time-table of studies – which should not coincide with the working hours.
Students should first get a student permit from the Immigration Authorities. They should then sign a contract of employment, with an employer, and submit it to a District Employment Office for approval. The Employment Office will check the main conditions and if satisfied will approve the contract.
View all vacancies in Europe
View all vacancies in Greece
View all vacancies in Cyprus